View Single Post
Old 02-06-11, 06:00 PM   #1
rbakerj
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Request for materials for university paper about military tank simulators

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this group. I am attending Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, Michigan for their Manufacturing Systems for the Defense Industry graduate certificate. Five classes, we are in the first two: Defense Logistics and Contracting (5503) and a simulation class (5603). In 5503 our teacher gave a lecture about "Army 101" and we had a retired one-star general come and give a lecture at our last class. In the first class for 5603 we talked about the history of wargaming. As an Army vet I had to pinch myself I wasn't dreaming about all of this.

We have to do a paper in 5603 about any topic in military simulation (pinch). I would like to do mine about the evolution of the military tank simulator.. that is, not the PC-based games that are popular, but the sit-in simulators that tankers actually train on. I would also like to compare the state-of-the-art in various other countries (European, Chinese, Indian, Russian, etc.) to the US. I would really appreciate any articles and such that you can suggest to me that I can reference. I was even able to glean some facts from this show:
http://videos.howstuffworks.com/mili...ator-video.htm