View Single Post
Old 12-08-15, 12:59 AM   #53
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

If you want a better subsim, you need to put a group together similar to the ATAG group for Il-2 Cliffs of Dover and the BDG group with BOBII: Wings of Victory.

They were given access to the code to make improvements, squash bugs, add more realistic physics. etc.

The work those 2 groups are doing is amazing.

I was involved in putting a group together that was modding Fighter Squadron:SDOE and we wound up with the same arrangement with ParSoft. Some of the work we did was reviewed in PC Pilot and our aircraft flight characteristics were called the most realistic of any sim at the time. We had access to the game and physics code and made some great improvements. We were however, not given access to do more than minor modifications to the graphic engine or we could have taken the game much farther. (yes, RFB was not the first time I'd put a team together, but not having access to fix problems in the game code did limit what people were capable of)

So if you want a better subsim, this is what you'll need. Talk ubisoft into letting a team work on the code from SH4 and SH5 and turn the modders loose by giving them a better physics engine, graphics engine, and ships to work with that have been created for the community by members of the community.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10

Last edited by swdw; 12-08-15 at 01:04 AM.
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote