View Single Post
Old 08-24-17, 02:22 PM   #27
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Yes, I'm working on this, with satellite views.

[...]

I will see what can be done.

Quote:
... that's the goal. For now, that's only land units which are emitting this black smoke. I have to create destroyable oil storage tanks, with the proper burning effect. I was testing the smoke effect. I would it to be bigger, as on this pic...
You might increase particle size, but the effect would look coarser probably, or you might increase particle spawn rate and radius, but the effect would use more computer resources

Quote:
I have also to create the flames effect...

But I think I will need to create a special animation effect (I know it's possible, as in SH4 effects mod for SH3).
Sure it is, and it is used in SHIII too: there is at least an explosion particle that I am aware of, using an animated texture

You can look on the web for a ready-to-use animated flame texture, or you can look for two or more flame textures, crop/resize them so they have the same size, and interpolate the animation frames between them with a morphing program

Quote:
Yes, that's my plan too, as on this picture of Aruba refinery...
Amazing

Don't forget flames on top of flare stacks. Should SHIII miss a model of them, I think that extracting them from one of the 3Dwarehouse models and importing them in game shouldn't be too complicated

Quote:
You forgot the triangles ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
See gap? He's pulling you in...
Come on guys... a couple of triangles?

Quote:
As "coarse" as the SH4 GWX changes can be, is it even coarser in SH3? I forget... 255 colors?
Probably coarser
gap is offline   Reply With Quote