View Single Post
Old 08-25-18, 08:22 PM   #3
WildFire_
Nub

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Wife has a model 3. Love it. It's fast as a bullet. Power to the wheels immediately, corners and handles well, and smart cruise works great, a little jumpy on the brakes but safe. Autopilot only bombs out when you're on a section of road where turns are too sharp and the speed you've set is too high for it to handle, or, when you are in a merge section on the freeway. The merge disengage is well documented in the manual. Also not a big deal because you should have your hands on the wheel regardless. All the bad news about autopilot is bs. It's just the big 3 paying big media to influence the sheeple. Scream a lie loud enough and long enough, people WILL start to believe it. Also autopilot is in beta, so you should know you have to pay attention while using it. That's documented and you have to sign an acknowledgement.

Oh and we've saved thousands in dollars in gas in only the first few months. Super charger in the house is fast and cheap and the ones out in town are faster and also super cheap. Just knowing we aren't helping American big oil take over the world is reward enough.

Tesla was a visionary and he created inventions and gave away his tech to the public, and he was destroyed for it. Musk released his patents to the world and believes in creating renewable energy for everyone. We could choose to support big oil, ruthless and capitalist, intent on profiting off countries too weak to protect themselves, are we could support genuinely good people in the world.

What's the hype? Seems obvious, but I have yet to hear a valid counter argument. Its expensive for sure, but choosing to do the right thing, is never easy. Because those of us who can pay the high price are willing, means some day the price will be lower and many will be able to afford and support the ideas.

The hype for Tesla owners is finally someone makes a fast fun car with the technology integrated in their car that the big 3 should have put in their vehicles years ago. Ford wants to rip out the CD player, put in a display in the center console and say it's a major upgrade and sell it in brand new model year. Whoopie. I can do that on my own in an afternoon.

There's no excuse for American mediocrity, we should be doing it better, and we can. American cars used to push the world, now we barely keep up. We use junk Chinese steel, and cheap COTS electronics. It's a mockery of American engineering. Good on musk for building a car that is worthy. And doing it pretty fast. All while pushing solar into the world on a global scale, engineering solar roof tiles, paying what is needed to create better batteries. My Motorola phone lasted days with out charging, my lenova/Motorola lasts 4 hours. Why, cheap battery tech. They can do it better. Oh and he's sending ships to space all the time and drilling holes to create better high speed public transit. What do you do on your Saturday while he's changing the world? Sitting there judging teslafiles? That's a bold strategy cotton.

I actually make fun of my wife for being a teslafile. But to be brutally honest, I know a good human when I see one, and I'd take his work over any of the other American car companies making junk currently.

Also both the model S owners we know who have had their cars for almost 6 years have both reported less than 10% loss and zero battery issues. Our range is great, no issues yet. Also heat, temperature has not been an issue to them, east coast. The Norwegians seem to love them as well. I don't know what the other points were like devcycle blah blah blah; literally non factors.

Last edited by WildFire_; 08-25-18 at 08:31 PM.
WildFire_ is offline   Reply With Quote