View Single Post
Old 11-13-17, 03:00 PM   #9216
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262
Uploads: 0

Quote:
According to files, You have to do 96h area patrol with radius of 300km, find a convoy during that time and sink one tanker...In one playing session and without leaving the patrol area of course.
Uhh..seems one of the hardest missions to solve! 96h radius of 300km seems to be luck to find the convoy without a "good" german air monitoring, or the right informations at the right time from the B-Service.

Quote:
I try to maintain a 100% record in passing missions but I accept this does not bother everyone and WOS is more orientated around Free-roam Tonnage
I can understand you. I also like the primary and secondary missions, using the Enigma machine, clearing the missions, getting rewards with promotion points and taking time to think who gets the next points.

But, we had this topic with engaging the convoy mission in the past, i remeber B.D.U Vecko used almost the same words there - pointed out that the missions are not so important at all. In the case of failing a mission target its only about losing one promotion point..he said engaging the convoys - going for the tonnage.

Playing SH5 in this way - like Vecko said - is playing the sim in a very realistic historical way.

The books about the atlantic war are telling it how it was in WWII and how we also are able to play this game in a kind of historical way.

That means that the Kaleuns in the past sure recived mission orders from B.D.U and when they got a order to reach targets far away (south africa, indian sea) they should "hide" and safe their torpedos. But otherwise, new convoys where discovered by german planes/subs/B-Service and all the subs which where able to reach these convoys where instantly ordered by B.D.U. to search and attack them.

We are limitated by the game because our missions wont be changed but we also get reports about convoys via message box or Captains Log! So when ever you can reach them, stop your actual mission and use "AK-speed" to reach them! So we "also got" an air monitoring and a functional B-Service here.

Just some hours ago, on my new patrol in Coastal Waters on my way to my first mission coordinates, i recived via Captains Log a sighted convoy not far away - about 250km. So i couldnt belive what i saw there after laborious (laborious because i play realistic 100% with no map updates and it was daytime with the possibility of enemy air attacks in this area) moving forward infront of this Two-Ship-Convoy: A European Ocean Liner 19000tons!!! Oh Yeah!

..and finally

Taking the chance brought me after 3 torpedos 23267tons.

Last edited by excel4004; 11-14-17 at 05:08 AM.
excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote