View Single Post
Old 03-06-08, 04:05 PM   #28
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Jaeger said:
Quote:
thanks for your help. i solved the problem; as you easily can mention, i am not a native speaker (german). because of this, my game was set to german and used the german commands_de.cfg. now i changed the ingame language to english, so it takes the commands_en.cfg now, which is jsgme included by your mod. result: locking a target works fine now. the problem between map <-> lock still exists. perhaps it is my pronouciation... on the other hand: how it is possible to wrongly pronounce the word "lock" :hmm: ("lock target" also brings me to the nav map...)
Quote:
thanks for your help. i solved the problem;
Woo Hoo! No problem - now go sink ships, Herr kaleun Jaeger!

Quote:
as you easily can mention, i am not a native speaker (german). because of this, my game was set to german and used the german commands_de.cfg. now i changed the ingame language to english, so it takes the commands_en.cfg now, which is jsgme included by your mod. result: locking a target works fine now.
Excellent! As YOU can easily see from my German commands, Ich spreche nicht Deutsch naturlich! I am NOT a native-speaking German :p

Any feedback on more correct commands in German would be appreciated for the next update to SH3 speech. For instance, next update I will use "Funkraum" and "Saunraum" for Radio and Sonar (instead of Funk Zimmer and Saun Zimmer), and maybe add "Stand Sehrorh" in addition to "Angriff Sehrohr" for #1 scope (Stand Sehrohr was actually the attack scope used in most if not all VII's and IX's, along with the NLSR - Nacht Luftzeil Sehrohr - observation scope. Angriff Sehrohr was a different type of attack scope, somewhat smaller than Stand Sehrohr, used in the XXIII and some other smaller subs, according to my source which I just read last night). Are there other commands that are more historically and colloquially correct in German? If so, post em here or PM me and I'll change/include in the next update.

Quote:
the problem between map <-> lock still exists. perhaps it is my pronouciation... on the other hand: how it is possible to wrongly pronounce the word "lock" :hmm: ("lock target" also brings me to the nav map...)
See previous post. You may need to tweak your microphone sensitivity and/or train the SAPI some more. The more you use it, the bettet it gets at understanding what you said. Or you could add a command of your choosing (for instance, just add the phonetic German pronunciation for "Lock" or "Lock Target" as a command in the ...SH3Speech\csv files\SH3_GWX\voice_commands.csv - the SH3FAQ explains how to do that. - Then you could give the command in German )

R/
TC2
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote