View Single Post
Old 04-10-10, 11:46 PM   #18
mcarlsonus
Weps

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
It occurred to me that some new players might not understand all the map tools and how they work. So... this is it!

The Navigation Map ('m' by default) and the TAI ('Tab' by default) give you access to five map tools and the tool helper. The tools are: Compass, Marker, Ruler, Eraser, Protractor. There's also the Tool helper. Here are what each of the tool icons looks like:

The Tool Helper

The Tool Helper is a toggle button that changes the icon of some tools to help you get more information from their use. The Tool Helper is ON when it's icon is colored gold as show above. Here you can see the Ruler tool first with Tool helper OFF then following that with it ON, where you can see the bearing tool attached to it's icon.
FANTASTIC! Thanks! I always wondered what the, "Tool Helper" was useful for. I tried adding hamburger, but it still tasted pretty, uh, "TOOL-y!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Fantastic! That's worthy of a Subsim news posting and a Ping Prize. Send me a PM with your mailing address and you might win a stripper in a cake.

Neal: Could I apply to receive a mug instead of a cake? I'd like to keep the stripper, though...
mcarlsonus is offline   Reply With Quote