Old 02-13-17, 03:30 PM   #14
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenZ1Sgt View Post
Hello All, RR I love your CMS! What a snap to keep everything neat and orderly

A couple of questions, once SH4 is installed and CMS makes the pristine directory, is there any need to keep the original SH4 directory (unless you intend to use it that is)? Also if I make a new setup with CMS and use TMO (as an example) but then rename it say Modtest, will CMS recognize it later?

Thanks again for a great piece of software
Once SH4CMS has made your SH4 Pristine directory, then Wolves of the Pacific is free to be used as you wish.

In order for SH4CMS to restore a directory to stock configuration, presently it must be available in the menu. That means if you make \Modtest, SH4CMS can't restore it. Since SH4CMS uses the command line, there is no way for you to browse for a directory. I suppose it would be possible to allow user input to type a directory name to create or restore. It would also introduce possible error scenarios that could curl your toes.

I am going to add SH4OM1 for Op Monsun games though. Maybe it would be a good idea to add a Modtest directory as well that you could make and restore. I'll be working on it tonight to expand possibilities.

If you're curious about how it all works, all the scripts are simple text files that can be loaded into Notepad and viewed. Modifying is a little hazardous because there is no error trapping built into batch scripts. If you "del *.*" in the wrong place with the wrong environment you will eradicate every file your command can access, with no recalling it from sissy recycle bins.

I do think the scripts rise a bit above the cheap and dirty category and show a little finesse and elegance, which I was proud of because it had been so long since I wrote my last batch script.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote