View Single Post
Old 01-09-07, 02:18 PM   #13
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Are you sure you are using the default german voice? I call this the demo because it only replaces the default german voice in game (folder number 1). There are 9 different german voices all together and I have to edit 8 more folders for it to work for all german voices. It replaces 30 files for each voice (10 for each tone level whispering/shouting/normal). So, it should work as long as the CE is using the voice from folder number 1 no matter if he shouts, whispers, or talks normal. I have a feeling your german voice in game for the CE may be using folders 2-9 for some reason.

Are you using 2 different installs of the game? Maybe you aren't using the version you are changing? I know the file structure is fine. I always test it on myself before zipping and releasing to the public. I'm using the exact one I released, enabled with my JSGME. It shouldn't matter what sub you are using whether it is VII or IIA. All the uboats use the same CE sound files.

It should work when you use the preset speeds on the telegraph (ahead slow, all stop, ahead flank, reverse, ahead 1/3, etc) You won't hear it if you order a specific speed (like 2 knots, 4 knots, 12 knots) So, make sure you are ordering speeds using the default speed telegraph not the numbered speed one.
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote