View Single Post
Old 06-08-09, 01:03 PM   #38
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
Wow, the problem is much worse than I thought. I took a look at the Lifeboats & Debris mod and it completely buggers all of the mast values. I can't believe I only just found out about this. No wonder so many people get screwy calculations, when mine are always accurate.

Note to All
Sorry, but unless/until makman's project to find corrected mast values for the L&D mod is completed you should consider OLC Gold and Lifeboats and Debris to be incompatible.

Actually, **** it, I'll make a proper announcement...
i have the immersion that only the ''GWX_ships_Buoyance&draught_mod'' witch is incuded in the optional files of Lifeboats and Debris mod is effecting the heights. as Rubini describes in the read me only this is effecting the heights.it containes only .sim files (the l+b mod containes .val files but i don't know if these files are effecting the height )
Rubini never mentioned to me (or at his readme for l+b mod) that .val files are effecting the height.
i think that the better is Rubini to confirm that.better pm him
edit:and something else, the ''GWX_ships_Buoyance&draught_mod'' put just a little bit the ships deeper in water. as Rubini told me the light ships are about 0,5m deeper ,the big at about 0,8m and the real big about 1,2m so the harm is not so scary! (that doesnot mean by anyway that must not be fixed ) the problem is at some of the first mast values.
also the rubini's mod is not effecting the LENGTHS of ships.at my first adjustments '' ships1-gwx3'' you will notice that the southampton class had length=180 and the correct is length=169
averoffs length is 140 and the correct is 185,chatham-type troop ship is 167 and the correct is 140 (and others....) so you can't be acurate with these ships even if you use rubini's mod even not

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 06-08-09 at 01:30 PM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote