View Single Post
Old 02-29-16, 10:15 AM   #441
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
I have had SH3 since launch, but stopped playing a long time ago. I finally got around to reinstalling it and installed the LSH mod.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the team. This is a very professional effort. The instal is really one click and idiot proof and the instructions and manual are top notch.

a few questions, I installed the widescreen GUI and followed the instructions, I still have small black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. My native resolution is 1920x1200. I assume this is normal?

second, how do I get rid of the black game paused bar? I found a post on the forum about removing the text from line 90 in the en_menu text. It removes the text, but the bar is still there.
Usually those bars are a video card setting and can be changed. Unfortunately if you change them, in my experience, you end up with your UI being stretched in 1 way or another. You can definitely give it a try though and see how it works for you.

For Nvidia cards, using nvidia software and drivers (ie. nvidia control panel): Open Nvidia Control Panel
On the left panel, under display, select Adjust desktop size and position
In the right pane, you likely have 'aspect ratio' selected, change that to 'full-screen'.

Think back to when HD TVs first came out and they had black bars on the sides if you weren't watching HD content (ie. you were watching SD 4:3 content). You could adjust settings in the TV to make it full screen, but either you lost some of the screen (ie. top and bottom chopped off), or it stretched the image horizontally to fill the screen making everything wider. It's basically the same thing.

Assuming that your monitor doesn't support 1920x1080. If it does, follow Berbster's suggestion and adjust your resolution to that.
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote