View Single Post
Old 02-06-10, 10:55 AM   #48
Tarnsman
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
P.S. I have started to scan the market, but I admit that the plethora of labels and terms and products and standards has left me behind, I no longer feel competent to keep up with the stuff, it changes so damn fast. There is so much input about so many things from so many sources - I can'T say which constellation gives me the loudest bang for the buck, would be a reasonable compromise modest in price, or the fastest thing you can get.
Im with you, but I will be looking to add newer sims such as BOB SOW and SH5 so an upgrade is a metter of time for me. But I havent kept up with technology. Check out the http://www.anandtech.com/guides/ site above to get the big picture. They will have overview articles about Mobos, CPU, RAM, technologies. They go into some detail and when you are through you will know the what and most importantly the why of various PC technologies. You will be much better able to decide for yourself what you need after reading up on their site. Then go to Tomshardware for comparisons and Newegg for prices and user comments. Takes a while but you will be much more informed.
Tarnsman is offline   Reply With Quote