View Single Post
Old 12-13-18, 09:45 PM   #6077
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Hmm, judging by that I wonder if you read the article. Bradley is not giving his knowledgeable opinion on what he doesn't know. He is talking about the facts we do know, what Cohen pled guilty to and his expertise in that area. I don't see anything in the article about Bradley claiming to have 'inside' knowledge of the substance and extent of the SCO's investigation. His claim is quite simple and well explained. Micheal Cohen pled guilty to something that is not a crime.

Oh, but I did read the article just as I have also read the full sentencing documents posted regarding Cohen. Please note that in the quote of mine you cited I did not say Smith claimed to have 'inside' knowledge; also the phrase cited is actually a question: "But does Smith have some 'inside' knowledge of the substance and extent of the SCO's investigation or is he, like the rest of us, going on what we got?" The question was asked in a more rhetorical manner, rather than a statement about Smith's actual knowledge. As for his statement, yes, it is simple and it is, at best, an opinion; and as I pointed out and you have stated yourself in the second and third sentences of the quote of you'r I posted above:

Quote:

Bradley is not giving his knowledgeable opinion on what he doesn't know. He is talking about the facts we do know, what Cohen pled guilty to and his expertise in that area.

While he may have some expertise, he is not really a 'definitive expert' since I am pretty sure you could easily find other equally or better experienced experts who would disagree with him and his position(s). And, in the current state of knowledge of the real specifics of the SCO's case, he knows about as much as you and I know...

If you want a bit of insight from someone who probably knows a 'bit' more about Cohen and the SCO's case against him and Trump, maybe this fellow might meet you standards: Lanny Davis, Michael Cohen's attorney in the case...

Quote:

Michael Cohen's former attorney, Lanny Davis, responds to claims that the testimony of President Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen cannot be trusted, says prosecutors from the Southern District of New York presented witnesses and documents that corroborate his former client's version of events.

Oh, and its from Fox News, you know the 'non-mainstream' media outlet...

<O>