View Single Post
Old 01-22-17, 10:10 AM   #33
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

No. On WXP and W7 Commodo has since years a very lousy reputation. I abandoned it many years ago already, it failed me twice and only other scanners rang the alarm.

Once again, take AV Institute as a compass, they - to my best knowledge - are not beign financed by the industry, and they do nothing but minitoring sec suites's behaqviour and perofmance in the wild, over long time frames of months.

https://www.av-test.org/de/antivirus...ows/windows-7/

Note that Windows Essentials and Commodo for W7 score 50% or less points in security" only and make the two last ranks in the list.

On XP, Commodo again makes last place only.

95-96% of widely distributed malware recognized sounds like a good score, but it means that 4-5 of 100 attacks get through. And an a system lionked to the web and actively used for web-affairs can get hundreds of attacks per day, say in a company office. It depends on the purpose it is being used for.

Microsoft Essentials for W7 can drop even below the 90% mark.

The leaders achieve 100%.

BitDefender sounds good to me, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, they are tight, and fast. However, on BitDefendert and Kaspersky, I have read many report sover the past years that users ran nto troubles in case of deinstalling it, or system stability getting damaged in any way. Also, company service is said to be lousy to non-existent by some.

Get a good pack where you pay not more than 30 bucks per year, and that maybe offers 2-4 licenses, maybe even distrubuted between Android and Windows devices. You then can use it on your tablet or smartphone as well without needing to pay again.

A security suite is a mjst, and a standard. That doe snot mean - Robbins is right - that it is a fail-safe solution and then you can make all nonsense yo8i want and always are secure. Its simply is reasonable to use such a suite nevertheless, there is so much old bad stuff out there. If you leave the house, you close and lock the front door, too, don'T you - that does not mean a determined rogue cannot get in, but you avoid the inviting opportunity of leavign the door open, and you win so9me time in case somebody takes on that locked door. The better and more solid the door and locks, the more time you win, and maybe the bad guy is driven off, whcih statistcially will be the case if after 3 minutes he was not successful. Most bad guys then break off.

Shut and lock that door. Use a security suite. Behave reasonable nevertheless.