View Single Post
Old 03-23-19, 12:46 PM   #12
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Be carefull with audio files though, since their length as well as their bit-depth and frequency rate (ie: 44.1kHz "stereo" @ 16-bits versus 22.05kHz "mono" @ 16-bits, versus a myriad of other settings). The time length of a Creak file was a contributing factor to the FotRSU issue of "The Sound" from almost 2 years ago (more??). What a nightmare. There was also a Crash Dive alarm sound that ran too long, and that was what got stuck in the game's craw and keep playing over and over and over and... is there a reason you want to change the underwater creaks and groans of the sub? I would not recommend doing that in FotRSU, unless you're cetain the file "comply" with the "Stock Game" standard we attempt to follow. The same for "bubbles".

The "Japanese_Gyoratei" is the IJN version of a PT boat. Faith may have re-worked keltos01 & Peabody's version of that. They may have gotten it from the Schnellboot... ?? The "AI Shoots Torpedoes" is one of the earlier versions of what DarkFish / Polyfiller / jhapprich / keltos01 / Peabody all worked on years ago. Using it in FotRSU would ruin the other ships' AI Torpedoes - not recommended to use - probable CTD. However, you could probably convert the Gyoratei to be FotRSU compatible, and put FotRSU torpedo spawn "guns" on it.
That was my primary reaction to the initial mod list, the AI torp raised flags straight away...
I will upload and share the "bubbles" mod so that you can check the audio settings pb. And if suitable, Easy_Eight65 has given us a big helping hand in the audio department.