Old 02-08-16, 03:05 PM   #4
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
Hi.

Wow, I was watching your videos on youtube last night - I feel like I'm talking to someone famous! lol.

Thanks for responding so quickly. Here are the answers to your questions.

1. I believe in the mission it's an Akula 1 and a Typhoon
2. Narrow and Broadband from the Starboard towed array and spherical arrays.
3. If I cheat and use Show Truth then I might get a thin line on the broadband within 2 nm.
4.The targets are around 150ft, but because of the ice, I'm around 300. the SSP shows no layers. (manually launched at 100ft)
5. All of it.
6. Stbd only.

I can sit and replay this mission over and over and never find either sub unless I cheat. And I really don't get any enjoyment from this sim if I have to cheat.

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help.
Haha, aww shucks

I remember this mission now. Isn't the Typhoon trying to hide out at one of two polynyas? If they're not trying to be found then, yeah, it's going to be hard to find them. I tried this mission somewhat recently and I believe the Typhoon hit an iceburg and I got the mission complete

This mission is a doozy. I would try other missions to get your manual sonar up to snuff, honestly. 4000 yards (2 nm) is so close in. You might have to go active in this situations. If nothing else to freak them out and get them to launch so you at least have a bearing to snapshot on.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote