View Single Post
Old 03-27-09, 04:32 PM   #1
Von M
Watch

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 2
Default [REL] Career Playable Cleveland CL

Career playable with some extra bases thrown in for fun. It is not damage modeled yet as I am waiting for Skwas to release his next version (and I totally suck at using 3D modeling programs).

I took a few liberties with some of the 3D stuff (see above comment) as you will see from the model, if you dont like the way it looks feel free to change it.

The bases are not dead on to the pacific war time frame, mostly they are meant for a little variety and to cut down on steaming time.

A big thanks to Peabody, Jmardlin, and all the guys who figured all this out in the first place.

EDIT: New version (v13) posted that has damage modeling and fixed commando/supply drop crash.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1454

EDIT: New Version (v14)

-Changed some ship handling characteristics including fixing the "bow heavy" problem

-Added ammo to all player and AI weapons; they are nowhere near realistic combat loads but then again it takes the AI gunners a lot of rounds to hit anything at range
-Added new AI AA guns that are time-frame dependent i.e. as time goes on you will see newer and heavier AA guns in different laocations on the weather deck

-Changed the optics on the binos and periscope to reflect the fact that they are your main battery directors and rangefinders in essence

-Got rid of the alarm that everyone thought was annoying (hehe)

I also want to say thanks for the nice reviews on this mod, it seems you guys have enjoyed playing it as much as I've enjoyed making it. :-) Hope you enjoy v14.

EDIT new Version v15

- improved the Cleveland's sea-keeping again
- improved the accuracy of the AI main battery and secondary weapons (while testing the accuracy improvements I sank a Takao Heavy cruiser at 17000 yards with a Baltimore CA only letting the AI fire my weapons)
- implemented a system where your main and secondary batteries will get more accurate at the beginning of each year. This is to simulate US forces getting increasingly knowledgeable and comfortable using radar (Thanks Ching!! ;-) )
- took a few liberties on the stats of main and secondary batteries for all surface ships...this is to allow for better surface battles since in real life CO's would do certain things the AI simply will not...such as train their batteries in the direction of expected surface action.
- depending on the environmental conditions the enemy AI ships will engage at 14000+ yards...it isnt perfect because I don't know how to change the AI behavior rules but I have had some pretty decent OTH gun duels on a clear day

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3395

thanks,

VM

Last edited by Von M; 10-04-11 at 11:12 PM.
Von M is offline   Reply With Quote