View Single Post
Old 07-20-17, 06:23 AM   #53
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey117us View Post
Realism and ASW and SHIII have been neglected the Vanilla Depth Charges a Disaster. Thanks to The_Frog and His Series of Ships we have some help in that arena with his Throwers and Depth Charges. The RN/RCN Mark IV DCT ( depth charge throwers ) Had Expendable Arbor Stands. RN/RCN Mark V DCT were improved ( known as DC_thrower_2 in UK_Guns.dat ) based on the Lend Lease USN K-Guns Design the Arbor and Stand Extend at Launch and Automatically Retract to the Load/Fire Position Both Operated like a potato gun. the lifting charge being War Alcohol ( Not for Sailors Use ) .
Thank you for the precious information. Honestly I didn't know anything about these retracting launching arbors until The_Frog told me about them yesterday

Quote:
Example in game [...]
...and thank you for the amazing screenies and detailed captions too. Those DC throwes and racks by The_Frog are... wow!

Quote:
I'm Working on an all new Hedgehog and Rounds for this Mod.
A better hedgehog thrower was in my todo, though with a low priority. I am glad somenoe else is planning to model it. As for the projectile, if memory serves me well I should have one ready in my personal archive. I hope I can find it and post here a render for your evaluation.

Quote:
Also Planned a Foxer Decoy Allied Counter Measures to Type IV and V Acoustic Homing Torpedoes.
Is that going to be only cosmetic, or it will actually distract our torpedoes from their targets?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote