View Single Post
Old 11-20-17, 02:04 PM   #16
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Find your preferred numbers for things like going to PD, raising the radio and ESM masts, etc.
When does your sonar wash out?
You don't have to learn this - just check in game (even during mission) USNI REFERENCE:

You need subtract from "max detectable spd":
- 4 from values 13-25
- 3 from values 9-12
- 2 from values 6-8

Quote:
Run at different depths and speeds. Where do you cavitate?
I suppose, you know where all (your favorite) subs starts cavitating at speciffic speed. How do you use this knowledge in game, why you have advantage over players who haven't this knowledge?

Quote:
When are you leaving a wake near PD?
DW do not simulate this. Are you still talking about Dangerous Waters game?

Quote:
How quickly can you change depth at a given speed?
Ok, so how quickly you can change depth for 688i at 18 kts? For example from 500 ft to 800 ft?

Quote:
Start a new mission that's just you vs a patrol plane and a helo. Set the ROE to "peacetime" at first, you'll know if they can track you when you replay the mission.
How?
It depends on "tactic" given to AI platforms but if they are on "peace time" ROE, they probably will ignore you.

In my opinion sticking to one platform only slows your progress of learning. You should check few subs with Russian/US type of sonars - it gives you wider knowledge than "mastering" one platform for weeks. It allows you to compare things different and similar to each sub. After that kind of experiences you will learn that in DW you have only 3 types of submarines with small differences between them - only weapon makes true differences.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote