View Single Post
Old 07-20-17, 02:32 AM   #50
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadriss View Post
As the skipper, I should be able to look at the Plot, see what's around me, our best estimate of where they are going, how fast they are getting there, and how far from me they are... regardless of how 'good' we think the solution is. Solutions do not come in three-part packages - they are a whole. When I, as a RL Sonar Supervisor, pass out a solution to the Conn, I don't pass only Course and Speed if I don't have a feel for range. I pass my gut feel for a range based on a number of factors, and that's my solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadriss View Post
As it stands, if that contact is dropping dots on the plot, you know for certain-sure that's the truth, and can essentially fire at will.
Ok, I think I now understand better your points.
I think I would like this type of gameplay as well!

But I'm curious, when you say this:
Quote:
As the skipper, I should be able to look at the Plot, see what's around me, our best estimate of where they are going, how fast they are getting there, and how far from me they are... regardless of how 'good' we think the solution is. Solutions do not come in three-part packages - they are a whole
how would you rapresents, in the game, such concept of 'estimate' distinguished from the concept of the current 'solution'?
I was just wondering about how to design/implement such a thing in the game without substantially change the gameplay till the point you are making a "different" game (something like an ibrid of RSR/CW bent towards DW but with a twist... )
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote