View Single Post
Old 08-18-08, 08:41 PM   #56
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
I was just amazed at the number of Spanish speaking (and Portugese, a very close relative) people were on SUBSIM and amazed that although nobody complains about the German language in the game, almost as many people whose first language is Spanish visit here and we have complaints about spanish. I just think we should support all languages that we can, while making mods able to supply the desired language.

I don't think the mods conform to that goal yet, but I think its something we could all work toward. I was shocked that the Swiss were #2. Where are our Italian mods? One of our greatest modders is Brazilian and speaks Portugese. Let's have Portugese conversions for at least the popular mods!

Back in the dark ages, when I was an outboard motor mechanic a wise man told me that just about anybody could do 90% of the job, but that last 10% was the difference between a customer who paid his money and never returned and a satisfied customer who would return for all his future work. That has proved to be true in all my pursuits through life. It's not enough to serve the 90%. We need to respect the last 10%. Just my opinion, but I'm right!
Don't think anyone here is really talking about the spanish in most parts of the mod. But in the mission briefings etc..etc.. This makes it very difficult to determine what your mission actual is for many people. If the briefings were in German I would imagine there would be considerable amount of complaints like with the spanish mod has.
Either way, great mod.