View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 04:33 PM   #8
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I do trust Garri Kasparov a lot more

I've said since years that Russia tries to undermine its felt enemies with lies, deception and desinformation. Trump and brexit are only small outcomes, but if you look at "social" (lmao) media you get a glimpse what is really going on. It is destabilisation from the lowest level, and it works. The destruction of the EU is the wet dream of Putin, and he has his useful idiots everywhere. I do not want to villify or demonize him, he just supports the chaos and helps it along, supporting the far right wherever possible.

"The propaganda in the Internet age does not want to convince any longer of a certain point of view. She wants to exhaust your critical thinking skills instead. Putin with his Russian troll factories has mastered this masterly, I have to grant him that. In the old days of communism, propaganda was a black and white thinking: the good against the bad. What did not fit, was concealed. Today there is a flood instead of a dam. Putin is not a salesman of ideologies, I call him a dealer of doubt. That's him."

Excellent article (translation is... well.. Google)
How do you want to save democracy, Mr Kasparov?

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/th...gible-optimist

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-12-19 at 04:50 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote