Thread: Subnautica
View Single Post
Old 07-30-17, 11:33 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Since spring last year I have not touched this game, did not want to run out of motivation for it while it still was uncomplete and not finished. I took note of the many updates that they added, and thought: this looks better and better. And yesterday I started to reconnect to the game and check it out again, now while practally all of the story mode is implemented and apparently most of the bells and whistles have been loaded and stored safely aboard. They are not yet done, but mostly they are, I get the impression.

And what a beauyt this has turned out to be! Frames improved. The ocean more alive than before, and species now showing individual behaviour patterns that I had not seen before. I am now once again hooked up to this. Its a stunning environment. The inerface was inmproved. More liefeforms added. Improvement eveywhere. This project goes along very well, me thinks.

I also find it not easy to play, if not using the lower playmodes where there is no need to collect, to care for oygen and food and water and health. The survival mode really keeps you on your toes.

And diving - never before did it look so beautiful on PC. At least not that I know. Many different underwater habitats, very different looks. Nice day and night light and colour cycle.

Just wanted to push this up the list again. If you did like me and saved yourself from investing too much of your time into an unfinished game one and a half year ago, check back. You may like what you see. If you are new, check this game out anyway, this really is a superb title, imo. Even just diving in the kelp forest and doing nothing, is an experince, and very relaxing. And adventurous. This ocean is deep. Very... And during the game you explore the ways and needs of how to build yourself the kind of equipment needed to get down there.

Very. Deep. Down.

Question is whether you really want to get there...