Old 01-31-16, 09:59 PM   #4437
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooLovesAll View Post
Thanks.

Any clue why I ran into no aircraft? Found that odd.
TMO and RSRDC took most of the randomness out of the game, especially RSRDC. If you are using both (never leave port without both ), you won't see any random aircraft. When you get within a couple of hundred miles of an airbase, or a hundred miles of a major capitol ship, like a BB or Heavy Cruiser that carried 'spotter' aircraft, then you may very well see aircraft. In the open ocean, far away from any land based aircraft, it never made much sense to me to have planes strafe my boat and coming out of nowhere.

In the Marianas, I would be cautious running on the surface during daylight hours, especially around Saipan that did have a large airfield. I never see any since I'm always submerged during daylight in this area. I don't see many ships in this area either.

On Saipan's West Coast is the port of Garapan. If you get tired of 'lurking', you can always sink one or more of the docked ships found there. Very dangerous - its a long ways in, and a longer ways out (hard on your air supply), but sometimes worth the effort.

If you're wanting to see aircraft, just try running on the surface during daylight around Garapan. I can guarantee you'll see plenty.

If you don't, then somethings wrong. Uninstall the game, and Format C:\. Reload your system, install the game (and mods), and enjoy. (I hope you know I'm only kidding )

Good luck, and good hunting!
Roger Dodger

God bless Electric Boat!