Thread: New to SH5!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-18, 02:48 PM   #2
ouPhrontis
Bosun

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

It seems daunting at first, but in my opinion; much of the complexities of say the tools for aiding with trigonometry et al; they're more at home in the classroom; as the angriffsscheibe, AoB tools etc are great, but you can still get by making best-guesstimates. I still love that they exist though, point being that you can get stuck in and have success without knowing how they work, but it helps.

The parts that affect game-play which I enable in JSGME are;

Encrypted BdU Orders
Real Nav'

This means that I need to decrypt occasional BdU messages (not all, but I'm working on that), also I will not receive map position updates (for anything), I either have to do the navigation myself (Dead-reckoning, Celestial Navigation, known point triangulation, etc), or rely on the Bootsmann to give me good fixes (he makes mistakes, especially if it's only DR upon DR).

I'm not aware of any quick guides for it overall, F1 gets you the controls list, the TDC functions as one would expect from most other SHs.

I've gone a slight step further and had the HUD hidden until I need it, but that's not necessary.

Last edited by ouPhrontis; 10-16-18 at 03:52 PM. Reason: spelling
ouPhrontis is offline   Reply With Quote