View Single Post
Old 06-13-14, 03:55 AM   #1
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Default Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions
For specific technical help with crashes or bugs, please go to the troubleshooting thread instead.
  • Where can I download Sub Commander?
    Download links are in this post: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...96&postcount=1

• Is there a Mac or Linux compatible version?
    Not yet. Some players have reported it is possible to run the game through Wine on Linux and Wineskin Winery on OSX, however. The following instructions were posted in the Reddit thread for the game by user arcsey:
    "Use Wineskin Winery. Create a wrapper with Wineskin 2.6.0 (current version) and use WS9WineCX13.1.0 as your engine. Just move the subcommander_0_23 folder into Program Files and set subcommander_0_23.exe as the executable. It should run fine without having to change any other settings."

• There are too many random accidents on board the submarine! How do I make them less frequent?
    Set the sub_reliability parameter in gameoptions.ini to a higher number. The mean time between failures on the sub is 10 + 2*sub_reliability seconds, so higher numbers mean accidents are less common. Setting this value to -5 will completely prevent random accidents from occurring.

• Is there a wiki/manual/game guide?
    The guide.txt file in the game folder lists all of the keyboard controls and describes most of the subsystems in the game. An updated, improved manual will be released soon.

• How do I change my submarine's nationality?
    Set the player_nation line in gameoptions.ini to whatever you want. As of version 0.24, your choices are:
    • USSR
    • USA
    • United Kingdom
    • China
    • East Germany
    • West Germany
    • France
    • Spain
    • Italy
    • Turkey
    • Japan
    • South Korea
    • North Korea
    • India
    • Pakistan
    • Brazil
    • Philipenes
    • Indonesia
    • Cuba
    • Argentina
    • Australia
    • South Africa
    • Libya
    • Iran
    • Israel
    • Poland
    • Canada
    • Sweden
    • Finland
    • Peru
    • Venezuela
    • Colombia
    • Chile
    • Taiwan
    • Netherlands
    • Norway

Last edited by TheGeoff; 09-24-14 at 11:06 PM.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote