View Single Post
Old 10-06-16, 06:10 PM   #46
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Somebody asked for Firefox.

I simply recommend to use the following addons, that you can download from within Firefox: Adblock Plus (please exclude Neal's site from its blacklist!), since many malware can come in form of windiows with adverts popping up. Better Privacy, it helps to delete flash cookies and LSO cookiesd, the latter cna be extrenely danmgerous if abused, and cannot be detected or deleted by ordinary methods. Check this and use it manually at times, when you think of it. Ghostery, it is a sofweatre that supresses software autmatically runnign when you open a site that tries to track you down and log your behaviour, loading pop ups and relocating you. Interesting to get rid of unwanted surveillance and auto-relocating by adware and the likes. NoScript, it is a bit more complex in optiosn and allows black- and white listing as well as many options to switch off critical auto-scripting, Flash, Java and the likes. Not everybody likes my very rigid settings there, I tend to have much stuff switched off than most people have "on". But auto scripting is dangerous and potentially very harmful stuff, one should not take any chances there.

Also, check the options that Firefox allows, settings. Here, especially the data-security tab and privacy relevant optiions should be checked. Use the oriuvate mode, swithc of chrnicles, do not allow passwords to be saved (what is stored on your HD can be retrieved). The options you find on those tabs mostly should be self-explanatory - be conservative. You trade a little luxury and comfortable handling with much better protection. The more you leave to the computer to do automatically, the less safe you are.