View Single Post
Old 02-27-06, 06:39 AM   #13
SeaQueen
Naval Royalty

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellman
Very impressive Scenario Notes in PowerPoint with background and briefing SeaQueen. :|\

I hope I can do the scenario justice. Thank you.
Yeah... I wanted to develop that a little bit more. I hope it explained my reasoning for things, though. I'm always opened to people's criticism. If someone with actual operational experience had something to say, I'd be happy. I don't know if I got the whale season right, for example. I was really creeped out when I went to sea, because I was thinking, "AH HA! Now I can get away from all this powerpoint nonsense!" and sure enough, the Captain got briefed by his crew every day in Powerpoint, right there in the wardroom. The world is going to be ruled by the powerpoint version of everything.

My trick to avoiding getting into problems with my work for this one is to use a historical scenario that I have not actually SEEN anything about. I'm just making educated guesses. A friend of mine told me what he was able to without breaking the law, so I could get some of the flavor from that. I also drew a little from Strategic Antisubmarine Warfare and Naval Strategy by Stefanick, which is a really good book on the topic. The real gem in it is the appendices.
SeaQueen is offline   Reply With Quote