View Single Post
Old 08-20-10, 02:26 PM   #55
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Ok Magnum while using your mission to test lenghts and heights. I just realised another flaw with this game.
The Master ship DDS image shows up for the clone ships in the rec man as well.
SO the incorrect info will always be displayed in the rec manual for any clone ship .
This just gets worse and worse . No wonder they put the dont display in rec man entry in the cfg files. There pointless anyway.

I'm more and more feeling that SH5 is a lost cause for the serious subsimmers. They made it moddable but only for the scripters, no way to fix the real issues for the Manual players .

How are ships pooled in the campaign files. Are they just taking from the rooster. If so we would be aswell of to delete all the clones files from the sea folder.
And just add there cargo and dates to the master ship files. It would be the very same thing as the ships are identical.
This way the clones info is never accounted for correctly in the REC Manual.
This is exactly what I'm saying and the reason why I abandoned to work on this mod. SH5 is not designed to be played as a sim, but a kids game: align the dots, shot &lol.

Is just us.. I mean, YOU the modders who struggle to get back SH5 in the sim line. Everything in this game is designed for nabs, not for simers. Is the Ubi policy to get the youth attention and also make a profit from it. Ofc, they failed and ofc they suck. Hope that one day subsim.com will cut the "devs are our friends, so do not engage them" line. Or this sim will fall to his own grave forever.

I feel sad that none will give a medal to all you great moders who work very hard to make SH5 float, TDW, Reaper, SteelViking and all our great moders around. All I can say is.. Thank You guys! And no respect at all for those who got paid to develop SH5, shame on you!
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote