View Single Post
Old 05-20-10, 01:07 AM   #51
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Graphic Cats

KC it does indeed look like you'll need a new graphic card as your is on the list of those that don't work for SF.

There's a price war between ATI Radeon and Nvidia these days and as a result you can get high end gcs for a good price.I would suggest an ATI Radeon 3850(the one I have).It's considered to be in the 2 out of 6 level of quality/specs and according to the reports I have read one of the best if not the best in terms of quality/price.It gives you 512 mb dedicated , 1024 gbs shared and up to 1368 gbs video memory available when no there are applications are running.

It's the one I have on my laptop and I am very happy with it. But you'll need to upgrade your processor otherwise it will be money wasted.Like giving your car anew n body and suspension and keeping the same old underperforming engine under the hood.Aim for 2.4 ghtz or more depending on your budget.

If you have more money available and want soemthing better you can go for the ATI 4870 which is currently the best (2 gbs dedicated).Otherwerwise Nvidia has competing models but slightly pricier.

Expect to pay anything between $ 120 to $ 200 and above(US dollars).

Cheers.

Since we all love Tigers playing TvsT I guess loving felines is a prerequisite to become a ZW club member. ....

Cheerio
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote