View Single Post
Old 09-29-17, 08:32 AM   #21
Naftis
Watch

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman422 View Post
The idea of CW is really to simulate being in command of a submarine instead of simulating each station. It's your job as the skipper to say where the boat goes, how fast, and how it deploys its weapons against what target. You don't have to sit for hours at a time with a set of headphones on listening to the sounds of the ocean in hopes of hearing, say, the cooling pump noise of a Victor-III or the whap-whap-whap sound of a Sierra's screw so that you can count blades and derive how fast it's going. As the captain, someone does that for you. Yes, there is some manual control of the helm and the torpedoes optional, but that's a necessary element if you are to have precise control over where your Mk. 37 strikes a target to do maximum damage or play mongoose with enemy torpedoes.

If you are looking to take away some of the all-seeing awareness, the first things you can do are to uncheck the event camera option and select to only render enemy units after reaching a certain solution percentage (I think it's 75% or so). Both of these certainly can add to the challenge. Torpedoes can seem to come out of nowhere. A boomer you've been tracking can perform a Crazy Ivan, rush past you, disappear into your baffles as you turn, and never be seen or heard from again.
Thanks for the reply, Swordsman422! Greatly appreciate it.

All you are saying are well understood and accepted. Being a ship officer my self in real life, I greatly appreciate my crew doing their jobs so I can do mine in the follow up.
My concern wasn't so much on manning a particular station as in SH, for example, but rather to have a view other than an external camera. A chart display, for example. Anything other than seeing my sub from the outside and maneuvering to avoid incoming weapons without actually seeing them coming through the camera.
Since I haven't seen anyone using any other view than the external one, my question was if the game gives me the ability to choose not to see the external camera at all.
Please accept my apology if I wasn't clear in the initial post and thank you once more! [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Naftis; 09-29-17 at 09:14 AM.
Naftis is offline   Reply With Quote