View Single Post
Old 07-16-13, 06:49 PM   #16
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
Personally I think that those lefty upper mods are just a waste of money/a way to show off to other people that you have money to spend on unless things.Which is ok I suppose but i just think in the grand shecme of things at least for self loading firearms if your left handed it works just fine without modification.
I also think it's a waste. Why mess with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Personally I wouldn't bother with a south paw reciever unless you were left eye And left hand dominate, and the rifle in question was "The" rifle.

Thankfully, I'm right eye and hand dominate so i never had to give this subject much thought. My wife is right handed but left eye dominate, which at times in the past was somewhat amusing once we figured out what the problem was.

EDIT:
It occurs to me, the lefty's dream rifle in an intermediate cartridge is probably an IWI Tavor. That thing is wicked slick, and truly ambidextrous.
I've always shot right hand right eye but I can do it ambidextrous fairly accurately. I'm a little weak on my left hand on a pistol bigger than a .22 and standing and firing a rifle but i've got time before my CCW qualification.

I think for an ambidextrous gun...the FN F2000 or FS2000 would be best. The brass ejects at the front of the rifle and the safety is usable from both sides. I don't have one...but I've messed around (safely) with them at the store. I'd love to fire one someday. The Tavor is nice too and shouldn't be discounted.

I'm a fan of bullpup weapons.

And for August's situation, I think you should go for the Flat Top receiver too. That'll really open up the potential of an AR.

You must have one of the pre-ban HBAR models right?