Thread: [REL] Le Fantasque class
View Single Post
Old 07-16-17, 04:22 PM   #69
the_frog
Commander

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Hello gap,

the 3 inch-50 was one of the most numerous pieces of equipment in the USN inventory and used especially on anti-submarine warfare vessels such as the DEs. So, yes, it's kind of funny that Ubisolft did no model of it

Those models are good enough for SH3 purposes but it is pretty clear they are based on cyclinders with far more than the 12 edges that give nicely smooth models in SH3.

Missing polygons, faces facing opposite directions and the stupid number of faces, these are the annoying features of meshes converted Sketch Up meshes. I think fine tuning such models needs more time than re-building them from scratch. But if you feel for starting the preocess I won't stop you

I still have little time to dedicate to 3D stuff but I lost interest in the Treasury class cutters (those need the two guns) and went back to the Dido. Some progress ...

Top and bow-heavy they were.

Most fittings are ready and "just" need to placed ...
In addition, items left to do: funnels, masts, davits, shafts ... and those bloody ships had boats different from those of Southampton/Fiji ... well, at least the 27-ft whaler is same.
the_frog is offline   Reply With Quote