gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiii View Post
Got a strange problem with the editor, imported the deck with extra subsets
(did not know I could do that)...
I am not sure I am following you here... In GR2 Editor's terminology, a subset is a portion of a 3D object using a certain material. The editor lets you to import objects with as many subsets as you want

Quote:
....and it works fine, it verifies ok no broken chains etc. save the .gr2 file, it writes successfully. it loads in granny viewer fine, it loads in game fine, so back to the editor to carry on with the work, does not work, reports primary vertex errors in section 0, or 1...
I know what you mean. Sometimes the editor is even more strict than the game itself in deciding what is a broken file and what not.
Have you tried adding all the needed subsets manually, before you import the new mesh?
Have you tried loading the 'broken' file in some of the older versions of the Editor. They are often more tolerant that the latest versions, and they open a widest range of gr2 files, even the ones not supported or discarded as broken by the last version.

Quote:
...even if I combine all the parts in max and export as a single .obj it still fails the reload.
without the deck it re-loads in the editor all the time.
This is where I get lost: subsets are by definition part of the same object/mesh. It makes me think that you are actuallu talking about separate meshes. If that's the case, try importing the new meshes one by one, until you find the one that makes the file broken for GR2E

Quote:
so for the time being I will just load the deck last of all and keep my fingers crossed.
just a few bones in the hull to move, and the torp doors to sort out and the hull work is done. still waiting for permission to use the models for sh5, so it may be all just a learning curve anyway.
Sounds promising. I really hope that you will sort all the problems, get permissions and release your work
gap is offline   Reply With Quote