View Single Post
Old 02-03-13, 08:29 PM   #20
machiavelli
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalbyke View Post
Yes, but it seemed that the CO's rack was immediately adjacent to the cooking area/passageway aft. In the SH3 model, the CO had a small room in that area, which would interfere with the tank outboard his rack. I actually skipped making the kitchen more detailed, too, as it should have a small deep sink right next to the stove, and I don't think the stove is supposed to be a large four-burner affair.
If you look at the Vesikko interior, there's even less evidence of the CO's rack and the stove. I really wish someone would just walk through and take pictures of every square foot instead of the inside of an electric motor, or the valve arrangement on the diesels.
In the diagram it seems to me the bunk is across from the cooking area, across the isle. Or there are two bunks, one adjacent to the cooking stove and one across the isle.

Either way, you are correct about the pictures. Are there any surviving Type 2's?

Shouldn't be that difficult to convince a museum volunteer to snap some pictures and email them to one of us.... Just need to find a sub and some contact info...