View Single Post
Old 10-07-14, 10:20 PM   #113
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I've done some more testing with this mission.

I've set the submerged draft of these ships to '0', and found they will often sink with 1 hit. I was concerned that maybe they were too vulnerable, so I ran the mission with RFB alone, and found similar results. The Kuma was a little odd in that a hit in the stern area was survivable, but not in the bow, or middle. Two would finish it quickly.

I'm satisfied that this will fix the no sink issue, but I'll do some final checks when I'm ready.

Also, I'm doing some testing with new turning schemes. The reason being to reduce the constant helming problem. I found a set of numbers that worked ok with the Nagara Maru, but I'll need to test it with a fair cross section of vessels before I can consider it a go. It uses a very low LR drag, so I have some doubts. In past tests I noticed some squirrely behavior with this sort of thing. I'll just have to see how it goes.

About the 'Warship Damage Model', I mentioned the other day, I was searching my drive and found it. There may be more than one version, but I think this is the only one I have. It is labeled "RFB_WDM_17Jan09". I was excited to find this, but there was no readme or documentation inside; perhaps it was overwritten or lost. Anyway, looking inside I found only one ship; the CL Agano. I guess it was a project, that was never completed.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote