Thread: PMDG J41
View Single Post
Old 07-10-12, 10:17 AM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I cannot believe how much stuffmess up with this plane. Occassionally I still blow the engine on startup or takeoff, also during flight. And to fly this plane manually by hand, is not at all that easy as the usual aircraft of that size in FS, it is quite dynamically shifting up and down, left and right, and difficult to trim. And with every direction change, change in power lever setting, with every speed chnage when climbing or descending, even with every change in air density you experience, the temperature limits for EEG chnage, too, making the eyes almost glued on the instrument, else - boooom.

The feeling and the reward is very good, though. There is nice light effects for panels and cockpit, too. But flying with this needs constant awareness and concentration, you really need to stay focussed - especially in thunderstorm with windy contions as I just have done. The coffee that stood beside the keyboard, got cold only half emptied. I simply had too little opportunity to drink it. After toiuch-down, there is a feeling of relief to be safe back on the ground. Not many addons in FS manage to acchieve that emptional reaction.

The package is not flawless, the tutorial for example describes some details different than it needs to be done, and some sight controls are not optimal, too. Still - I officially consider the J41 by PMDG as a must-have now.