View Single Post
Old 10-02-13, 03:07 PM   #9
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Downloads: 652
Uploads: 0

I have my info from Jane's, and what they show is NOT from Jane's.

Then the decision to reduce the range, does not come from Jane's but from a lack of experience of shooting torpedoes at moving target from a submarine, in games like DW or SSN .

As I gathered, Harpoon is doing the same thing and they duplicated a Harpoon inaccuracy.

Realism is impossible I agree, but accurate data is possible, and decreasing a torpedo range under the excuse of one evading submarine, and the player unable to understand what is going on, to rationalize one size fits all, ignoring willingly any other case of submarine contact and following maneuvers is unacceptable in my book at that game price.

Which raise, another question, how accurate are their missiles behaviors, is it one size fits all with castrated data?...

Unfortunately, I can not talk about missiles and guided rocketry, otherwise, I would have showed my nose up the game data bank.

There no smoke without fire, you cut corners for Torps, you cut corners for other calculations, and wish that no one will pull the old slide ruler to check on them.
biosthetique is offline   Reply With Quote