View Single Post
Old 04-05-14, 09:25 AM   #50
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
Yes. The whole gun/ballistics model is FUBAR.

I don't think they even tried to get it right, probably didn't seem important to them.

have to agree, I think they only looked at it from the point of how much penalty you would pay in some situations to add to the immersion or suspense or "danger factor" the player feels and never gave accuracy or realistic gun usage a thought. hence the game sending a DD in from 8000m away and goes straight on top of your position to attack you even though you are submerged and position is undetected on silent running.

sure it might happen in a few rare cases where you were detected or your position known but not on such a routine basis as it happens in the game so it becomes a cheat factor the game uses to keep you feeling threatened and immersed in the game so it doesn't become boring.

I think the subs not using small weapons against ships in a surface battle is a good example. if you are in a running surface battle with any ship you fire ALL guns even those you know are probably going to be powerful enough (light machine guns) to be effective because you might just get a lucky shot and take out some of the crew.

not to mention how any ship near you while at periscope depth will almost ALWAYS turn to run right over top of you to take out your scope as thought you had a marker buoy with flashing lights marking your exact location, direction, and speed. but again I think this was part of that enemy threat they try to keep you under so you feel like your always trying to survive rather then be boring and attack unseen and undetected.

Last edited by Webster; 04-05-14 at 09:37 AM.