Old 11-21-23, 01:10 AM   #13
Midcon113
Swabbie

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrwho View Post
I am kind of necroing this thread because I have something to say which I hope is worth it...

First, about AutoHotkey trick: that trick would work for regular Microsoft Windows applications which have a "Windows Window" for example it should work with notepad, firefox, chrome, excel etc.
However most games (except minesweeper etc.) draw directly to the graphics buffer so it won't work because there is no standard window to modify its behavior.

Back on the original question: Yes, you can run Silent Hunter IV in fullscreen borderless window and below is how.

You just need to use the "a smaller window" trick by reducing a single pixel. For example, I have 1920x1080 screen but when I set it to windowed mode for 1920x1080 it doesn't work.

What I can do then is, go to Documents\SH4\data\cfg and open the main cfg file, and find the subsection and modify it (note the 1079 instead of 1080).

[VIDEO]
Resolution=1920,1079,60,22
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=No
Synchronized=No
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

This works for me and the game behaves exactly as a normal fullscreen borderless window would. One small problem is the one missing pixel but hey it's better than the alternative of alt+tab'bing out of a fullscreened application window.

Hope this helps.

Necroing my own original thread just to say THANK YOU - this appears to be working! I guess I should have checked back sooner on this!
Midcon113 is offline   Reply With Quote