View Single Post
Old 08-21-09, 08:18 AM   #12
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I think that based on Subsim's record of knocking themselves out to make SH4 a viable sub sim, pre-purchase is not a bad option. I do not agree that the submarine simulation genre is in Ubi's hands though. Although they are presently sucking all the oxygen out of the sub sim atmosphere, if they made a serious misstep and left the genre, someone else would be more than happy to breathe that air.

However, Ubi has a solid record of taking care of us. If we have decided to hang back and if sales look weak, we need to change our mind and step up to the plate. They deserve our support based on their attitude and support of this community.

Let's see: $50 divided over 2.5 years I've played SH4, that's 913 days is about a nickel a day. I'd say that is a pretty reasonable price, although on a game of lesser quality I'd only allocate half of that. It's ludicrous to buy a Coke a day and grouse about the cost of a $50.00 computer game.

TDK, you make perfect sense. Our conduct should be rooted in respect and appreciation for the company who produces the simulations we love. They deserve the benefit of the doubt when we are ascribing motives to their behavior and our patience when something is not quite to our liking. Sign me on.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote