View Single Post
Old 07-24-19, 06:46 PM   #12
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
One of the things I've wanted to see is an accurate crew numbering. The last time I looked the Type II u-boat has the same 47 crew as the Type VII, when they should have 25-28 depending on the model.
EXACTLY!!!

your comments are very weird in that i have been PM-ing with s7rikeback and propbeanie on this very subject for a while. i guess i created a disturbance in the force...and for that i am truly sorry.

for example, look at the Type 2B.
compartment 1 is the engine room. the boat asks for 3 leaders and 3 crew. in crewmembers.upc there are 13 engine room crew...CPO, enlisted, and non-rated. when you create a boat, six crew are assigned. how are the six of thirteen chosen?
here is a trickier one. compartment 2 is the command area. the boat asks for 3 leaders and 6 crew. crewmembers.upc has 12 command crew to choose from. when you create a boat only six positions are filled leaving three unfilled. what is up with that? how/why are only six of twelve chosen and why leave three billets unfilled?
i've been pondering these issues for a while now...not only on the ATO/OpM side but also the fleet boat side.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote