View Single Post
Old 02-01-13, 10:24 PM   #15
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Might be a bit beyond my current skills, I can't even figure out how to upload a mod at the moment. The basic resupply base mod is ready to go now, I'm fooling around with a fleet action - start an Asiatic career in Manila, there's a Japanese fleet coming into Manila Bay on the 9th. Add one US battleship and a heavy cruiser, couple of light cruisers and destroyers, trying to time them so the player can get close to the enemy fleet before the friendlies so the player can whittle down the odds a bit (4 heavy cruisers and 2 Fuso class battleships, along with a Shokaku class carrier that I can't figure out how it got in there).

Cool way to start a career, right in the middle of a fleet engagement resulting from a surprise attack.

Couple items;
1. Starting times don't work right, the usual starting time for the player in a career is 1600 on the 9th, so I set the Japanese fleet to start at 1600 and the Americans to start at 1700 so I have a head start with the S class. No joy, they all ignore the hour and just start when the career starts (which is apparently also a variable time), so I had to add back and forth waypoints to delay the American response, still trying to tweak that.
2. Torpedoed the carrier but it didn't sink, gunfire from one of the US cruisers finished him off - you get no credit for sinking it unless yours is the last shot apparently.
3. Starting with a Sargo class instead of a Sugar boat I managed to get to the enemy before anyone else, but when I fired two fish at a Takao class cruiser one of our Clemson class destroyers ran between me and the target and intercepted one of the fish. Got friendlies in the area gotta watch where you're shooting.
3. One test with an S and one with a Sargo so far, the battle is really cool but haven't been able to turn the tables enough to save any of the friendlies. It is a little unbalanced;

Japanese fleet;
2 destroyers
4 heavy cruisers
2 battleships
1 rogue carrier from who knows where

Americans coming in piecemeal from all over the bay;
3 destroyers
2 light cruisers
1 heavy cruiser
1 battleship
player sub

The goal is to knock off the enemy while keeping half the friendlies afloat, haven't pulled it off yet. Since this is the US_NavalBases.mis I'm adding this to, the next thing to test is will it just do that at the beginning of the Asiatic career, or will it repeat for every new patrol started in that career?
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote