View Single Post
Old 01-31-13, 03:05 PM   #7
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
Crud, I was hoping to add a couple of S boats tied up to the tender. Anyway opening as a normal mission I get this kind of thing;

Obviously the bases don't actually need waypoints since this ain't an earthquake simulator so they shouldn't be going anywhere, but the rest of these errors are with stuff that I didn't put in, those units were from the stock game AFAIK. I checked those three and all are set as docked, so what's with the "too close" errors?

Two things:
1. When I said don't put a "Player Unit", I mean don't set it as "Human Control" if it is going to put into the Campaign/Career. If it is just a "Single mission" then obviously you will need a player unit. If it is for the Campaign you can put in subs just Don't select Human control, you will be assigned a human control sub when leave base and having two may cause problems.

2. As for the too close, that usually happens when they are docked ships as you pointed out. The mission editor checks how close the ships are so they do not run into each other when the mission starts, that is why docked ships are usually too close to each other. But since they are not moving it does not matter. Another common warning is the first waypoint is too close. Sometimes if the waypoint is too close the ship can not change direction that fast depending on how close it is. So by placing it farther away it gives the ships time to get up to speed and if it is a group they get into position before they have to maneuver.
Also if you note they are all "Warnings" and you can ignore "warnings", If it is an "Error" it must be corrected or the mission will not save.

"Warning" you can ignore
"Errors" you must fix.

Edit: One more point, according to the "SH3 Mission Editor Manual" ALL units must have waypoints. All it really does it help you position it and face it in the right direction. So you don't need to worry about it, but you will get a warning. This mission editor for Sh4 does not have a manual, but it is almost the same program, with a few changes.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 01-31-13 at 03:15 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote