View Single Post
Old 01-30-13, 03:26 AM   #4
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
I used the mission editor back in 2009 to hack that file, adding a new resupply base closer to the action. It had a stationary sub tender and tanker with a few patrolling destroyers, and worked very well. I'm now trying to add another, and in the process screwed up the first, and can't for the life of me remember how I did the first one.

The bases themselves work fine for resupply, the only problem I'm having is disappearing ships - I place one, set it as a docked ship zero speed, uncheck the "Delete on last waypoint" box and save, but for some reason it's not in the game and it's gone the next time I open the LandUnitsLayer US_NavalBases.mis in the editor. What am I doing wrong here?
The base is really all you need for the resupply, this ships just make it seem more realistic.
Your mistake is saving and opening as a "LandUnit Layer". Saving as a Land Unit does just what it says it saves ONLY "Land Units" which is the naval base in this case, the ships do not save. Just save as a Normal mission but you will have to go to the Mission menu, and in Parameters check "Ignore Player Units" and DO NOT put a sub in the mission.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote