View Single Post
Old 09-19-18, 08:56 AM   #8
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Hi, to my knowledge. Russian platforms and sensors have improved a lot in RA, especially modern ships such as Akula and Kilo. The missions you can get past by in vanilla version are no longer viable. Not sure if you have noticed this. In the first 2 missions of the SC campaign, if the Akula stays at anything below 3 knots, you will not be able to detect it, even in Seawolf or Virginia, until you can with in 4-3 nmi. I mean you can't even see the faint black line at the lowest frequency on narrow band (that's usually the first pace you can detect anything). Another advice I can give you is that you don't actually need arrive exactly on the insert point to launch SEAL. The range you can dump them is very far. I did a similar mission a while ago, where I simply ignore the circle on the map and launch the SEAL as far as I can. Remember they have their rubber boat and they can swim

Btw, I am in the process of converting the SC campaign by adding Virginia class subs as playable and adding a few twists of mine. I just finished the first 2 missions. I have tested a few times. They worked well. But some of the scripts are old and I have tons of questions to ask. Just wonder if any experts in the forum could help out. In addition, I need people help test out these missions.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote