View Single Post
Old 06-20-13, 10:39 AM   #4
kg6eyr
Wheelchairing Weirdo

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
The information panel of a selected contact should show what sensor provides the position/bearing data. It could be 'link data', think of it as position info of friendly units transmitted over a secure communications channel. However it seems like it can defy the laws of physics in terms of receivability. How would you receive such data if your radio cable isn't streamed out. I'm stumped.

I don't know the mission, but if there is a layer, then do make sure you listen under it. Realise that you do not have to be in it, to listen in it. You've got a microphone on a cable behind you.

Also, you may have to alter your screen brightness/contrast/gamma settings to make all lines visible. The rest of the interface might start to look ugly, but that really faint line at 50 Hz is allways a pearl to see.
Thanks! I'll be sure to check and see if it's link data or not. I suppose it's the whole "practice mission" making me over-analyze everything. It's beaten the mind out of me to figure out how to simulate a torpedo attack, since it's noted that I'm restricted from utilizing (but still able to use) live weapons.

For reference, I'm barely getting started in the Seawolf campaign.

SH4 Current Status Report: Sub School 4/5 - Convoy Attack WIP - Pre-Pearl Harbor Career

SH5 Current Status Report: Patrol 1.5: British Supplies: 22 Sunk - Total Tonnage: 125462 - Post British Coastal Waters
kg6eyr is offline   Reply With Quote