View Single Post
Old 12-06-17, 04:54 AM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

The TMA logic in CW is missing an important aspect for enemy sub detection I think. I never get a good solution for subs that are more than 10 kyds away, so I almost never get a good solution for firing Sea Lance missiles that have precisely a minimum launching range of about 10 kyds. I have a very short firing window to fire them, just a few seconds, when subs leave that min. distance. I never have located subs at, let's say, 15-20 kyds, this should be possible however (and the contrary too: enemy subs detecting me at 15-20 kyds).

Lacking a precise TMA, I would highly welcome to be able to put a marker or plot a line on the tactical map so I can make a location preview of targets based on their course and speed. This would allow me to fire Sealances at calculated positions on the map without the need to have 100% TMA solutions for targets.

Using Sea Lances is quite better than launching a torpedo in order to keep your stealth profile, the launch noise can be located for a short time though. In CW, enemy subs have no idea where you are after launching Sealances and I don't think they hear the transient noise. You need more MK-50 impacts to destroy a sub.

Note: Sea Lance missiles are not in the vanilla game currently, only in mods . But they behave quite well and realistically IMO.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 12-06-17 at 05:09 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote