View Single Post
Old 08-13-18, 09:34 AM   #5
Aoogahman
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
read through the sticky notes, there are lots of good things there.
As far as completing the mission, you don't have to.

Your "renown" is gained mostly from tonnage, with a few points for missions completed.
I tried taking your much appreciated advice, but I couldn't dock (end the patrol) when I got back to Pearl. Not with the Escape Key and not from the popup screen which didn't show. I dug around and found this in the game instructions: "To end a patrol, you will have to reach your home base. When you’re close enough to the base, a pop-up screen will appear asking if you wish to dock. You do not have to travel the last nautical mile and dock in the submarine pen, though you are welcome to try." The mystery continues.......

So, I went back to the East China Sea and hung around the objective for 48 hours until the mission completed. Then back to Pearl, the popup screen popped up and I docked. Done! Final! Finished, Over, Completed, Wrapped!

But it leaves me with the unanswered question of how to continue on with your career missions and not end your patrols??? Forgive me, but I've worn out quite a few brain cells over the years and they don't seem to be regenerating.