View Single Post
Old 03-03-10, 12:25 PM   #162
Ziggy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

My Little First Impressions Review, short and sweet. I am on 100% realism.

Everyone else Gripe. Interface/UI is not intuitive and down right frustrating. Thing's are missing. I don't necessarily demand it the way it use to be but when I cant figure out how to turn without looking it up, there is something wrong.

Shootin Stuff: I could hit the Polish Ships(hurt a little bit being Polish), torpedo went where I wanted them to go(which didn't always happen in SH4 for me so I am happy about that). I am just worried about when I am up against ships that move. I get this feeling I will be leading with my periscope and not the TDC.
I LOVE THE DECK CANNON. I love it, love it love it. Only problem is I don't know how to releave them, the crew sat on deck, even after I came into port. Poor guys hadn't moved in 2 days.

Overall things like Campaign, subdocks, walking around inside the ship. I just love it so far. So far has really made me feel like a captain. I was frustrated and mad trying to figure stuff out, but the trip back to Kiel, walking around up top, actually having to pay attention to not get rammed by other vessels in the harbor. I followed a KM DD into port, we were side by side. I don't know everything just felt right.

Pretty much what everyone has said but it makes more sense when you actually play it you see what they mean. They managed to mess up the main parts of the game but got all the little things right. Other than the big problems it really has the feel of an A title and not some little side burner project thrown together for a niche market.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote